The Roland Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Roland Forums

A place to chat about Roland products abd other stuff.

Super Smash Bros Brawl Review and Tips

Dogmatic
    Admin

Super Smash Bros Brawl Review and Tips Empty Super Smash Bros Brawl Review and Tips

Post  Dogmatic Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:11 pm

Super Smash Bros Brawl was released in Spring 2008 for the Wii platform and is the third installment of the Super Smash Bros series. It is also probably the worst out of the three games (a forth one is rumored) youll find out why as you read on. This game has received praise for its multiplayer mode features. I have to say the Wi-Fi feature is fine, but not awesome like a lot of reviews say. I experimented on the Special Brawl by selecting curry breath and flower head. I noticed the animation does something a bit odd. It speeds up a bit for a couple seconds or so.

Let me begin in the solo mode before jumping too far ahead in the multiplayer mode. I've owned this game since its debut and I have not gotten anywhere but only with a few characters passed the 12 levels of Classic. Less than half of all 35 characters in the game. You'd think after all this time I could get further (and no I dont spend all day in front of the TV). I have gained something from this. I counted and after a 100 times of starting over (and with the same character) it'll let you win. While we're discussing Classic mode I'll let you in on a tip, never choose continuation, no matter how tempting it may be, never do it. This will show the CPU you are weak as a player and rely on its sources (trust me on this stuff, I've been playing since 1996 with Super Mario 64).

What I miss from Adventure Mode (even though one or two of the short videos are entertaining) is how "adventurous" it used to be. Like in Melee with the "Underground Maze" and "Mushroom Kingdom" it had that sense of adventure to it Brawl lacks. When you complete The Subspace Emissary (all of it even Tabuu) it finishes out at 80%, not 100%. Speaking of Tabuu let me tell you how to kick his ass. Line your characters up in this specific order: Mario, Yoshi, Pikachu, Fox, Donkey Kong, and Kirby. Tabuu pretty much works like Master Hand so if youve kicked his ass before you can apply that knowledge here.

Tabuu shoots laser beams with his eyes, like Master Hand does with his fingers. Dodge those. Tabuu has this nove where he lassos you and will attempt to fling you off-screen. For the life of your character, dont get trapped in his rope. Also avoid the golden cage he forms himself into. If you get caught its a instant KO. Sidestep at the right moment (that being when he first forms into the cage). He will swoop down so sidestep in mid-air.

More helpful shit comin' soon.

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 9:40 pm